In collaboration with Center for Research and Application of Satellite Remote Sensing (CRAS), Yamaguchi University, CReSOS Udayana University held a Symposium on Satellite Applications for Disaster Management. This symposium was held in Udayana University, Postgraduate Building 3rd floor (Room 3.10) on Friday, 9 February 2018.
Open by Prof. Syamsul Alam Paturusi as the Coordinator of Environmental Science Master Program of Udayana University, the symposium then continue by the presentations with the following titles and presenters.
- Introduction of Activities and Project in Yamaguchi University (Prof. Masahiko NAGAI, CRAS Deputy Director, Yamaguchi University)
- Utilization of Satellite Imagery for Agricultural Drought Monitoring in Bali Province during El Nino Phenomena in 2015 (Prof. I Wayan Nuarsa, Former Head of Environmental Science Master Program, Udayana University)
- Disaster Applications using ALOS-2 products (Dr. Nopphawan Tamkuan, Yamaguchi University)
- Information System for Disaster Management (Dr. Eng Pujianiki, Civil Engineering Faculty, Udayana University)
- A study on the quick detection method of slope failure areas using after event satellite imagery (Dr. Tsuyoshi Eguchi, Yamaguchi University
- Coastline Changes Studies in the Southeast Coastal Bali Using Landsat Satellite Imagery (Case Study Gianyar and Klungkung Regency) (Dr. I Wayan Gede Astawa Karang, Marine and Fisheries Faculty, Udayana University)
- Study On Indonesian Rainfall Response to ENSO, IOD And El Niño Modoki Using Satellite Data For Climate Risk Mitigation (Abd. Rahman As-Syakur MSi., Marine and Fisheries Faculty, Udayana University)
The symposium was closed by Prof. Takahiro Osawa, The Director of Center for Remote Sensing and Ocean Science (CReSOS), Udayana University. This symposium is expected to be one of the foundations for the continuity of future cooperation between Udayana University and Yamaguchi University related to the application of satellite remote sensing for disasters in Indonesia.